Milton will host the second annual "Fall into Milton" festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20. The event features fall produce, mums, pumpkins, crafts, jewelry, antiques, demonstrations, activities and food. Attendees are encouraged to participate in the pet costume contest, pumpkin painting and strawman puppetmaking, The event is free and will be held regardless of the weather.
"Fall into Milton takes the place of former Governor's Day celebrations," said co-organizer Kathryn Greig. "A group of businesses and local organizations wanted to offer a fun fall event for the community. So, we decided to plan a fall festival featuring food, activities for kids, historical attractions, and other seasonal pastimes, which would be fun for the town and visitors."
The festival takes place in downtown Milton at the corner of Magnolia and Union Streets near the Lydia Black Cannon Museum at 210 Union St. Fun fall fare like autumnal soups, pulled pork, baked goods, beef stew with biscuits, coffee and hot cider will be available for sale alongside some traditional festival offerings. The food will be provided by Irish Eyes, Milton Economic Development Committee, and Milton resident Myra Oates.
The following activities will take place next to the Milton Historical Society museum from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
• 10 a.m.-noon — A free button-cutting demonstration will be inside the Milton Historical Society museum.
• 11 a.m. — Pet costume contest judged and prizes given by Denise Suthard, of Milton.
• 11 a.m.-2 p.m. — The Milton Lions Club will be running the train in Milton Memorial Park. The price is 25 cents per ride.
• Free strawman puppetmaking inside Milton Historical Society museum. Materials will be provided at no charge.
• Volunteers will assist children with pumpkin painting. The price is $2 per pumpkin.
• Antiques in Milton will sell antiques and fall and holiday collectibles. There also will be a display of holiday collectibles from the 1920s to 1950s.
• Auntie M's Emporium will sell antiques and garden accessories.
• Lavender Fields will sell lavender and lavender products.
• Eve Middleton of The Sewing Company, will assess and provide information about quilts, coverlets, rugs, needlework, fabric, lace or other textiles. This is free, just bring your item to the event.
• Milton Century Club will sell hot cider and provide information about the club.
• Urban Studio will sell pink hair extensions in honor of October being National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and will sell jewelry.
• Robin Senft will sell Silpada jewelry and Nerium skin care products.
• Hillside Flowers will do a demonstration of fall and Christmas flower arrangements.
Page 2 of 2 - • Brittinghams' Produce will sell fall produce, pumpkins and mums.
• Milton Garden Club will do a demonstration of how to make an herb wreath and sell raffle tickets for their homemade "dessert of the month."
• Milton Theatre will sell tickets for the production of "Fibber McGee and Molly," to be performed at the Milton Firehouse at 8 p.m., Oct. 20.
• Milford resident Linda Pfieffer will sell fall crafts.
• Friends of the Milton Public Library will read ghost stories and sell books and Milton items at its gift shop.
For more information, contact Greig at 302-684-3804 or 302-684-4499, or visit www.facebook.com/antiquesinmilton.