Georgetown’s public works department will begin its annual residential leaf collection next week.
Town residents are asked to collect leaves only in compostable paper bags. Plastic bags will not be collected.
All bagged leaves must be placed curbside and not in the street, bike lanes, sidewalks or drainage ditches.
Pick up is limited to leaves only. Branches, dirt, garden material, grass clippings and shrubs will not be collected.
The department will target separate areas of town on each day from Monday, Dec. 10 to Friday, Dec. 14.
The leaf collection will occur as follows, pending weather and workload:
- Dec. 10 – Ward 1 – Areas east of South Bedford Street and south of East Market Street
- Dec. 11 – Ward 2 – Areas east of North Bedford Street and north of East Market Street
- Dec. 12 – Ward 3 – Areas west of North Bedford Street and north of West Market Street
- Dec. 13 – Ward 4 – Areas west of South Bedford Street and south of West Market Street
- Dec. 14 – Areas determined by Public Works Director William Bradley
Anyone with questions about the leaf collection is asked to call Georgetown Town Hall at (302) 856-7391.