A home southeast of Georgetown was damaged by fire Friday morning, but no injuries were reported, according to the state fire marshal’s office.
The fire in the unit block of Snow Road was first reported just after 9 a.m., fire officials said.
Firefighters from the Millsboro Fire Department and Georgetown Fire Company were able to extinguish the blaze in the unoccupied home.
Investigators later determined the fire began in the chimney area of a wood stove and was caused by combustibles located too close to the stove pipe.
Damages are estimated at $20,000.
Fire officials said the resident of the home is being assisted by the Red Cross.