|
|
Sussex Countian
  • Gumboro fire caused by electrical cord failure

  • An early morning fire on Millsboro Highway in Gumboro on July 15 was caused by an electrical cord failure, according to the Delaware State Fire Marshal.
    • email print
  • An early morning fire on Millsboro Highway in Gumboro on July 15 was caused by an electrical cord failure, according to the Delaware State Fire Marshal.
    The fire reportedly occurred around 6:40 a.m. The Gumboro Fire Company responded and was assisted by surrounding Delaware and Maryland fire companies. Upon arrival, the firefighters reportedly encountered flames from a first floor window. The home, equipped with working smoke detectors, was occupied at the time of the fire but the two victims were able to escape and were treated and released for smoke inhalation at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital.
    The fire marshal determined the fire originated in the living room.

        calendar