Comcast announced the launch of the X1 Platform from Xfinity across the Salisbury, Md. market, including Maryland's Eastern Shore, as well as Kent and Sussex counties in Delaware.
X1 now uses IP technology delivered over Comcast's network to create the first entertainment operating system. X1 integrates the largest collection of video with social media features, interactive apps, web content and more.
The X1 features currently include:
- A modern user interface that enables one-click access to programs and a highly visual guide to entertainment options and related information
- A personalized viewing experience with recommendations based on search input and previously watched shows and movies
- The ability to search simultaneously across live TV, Xfinity, On Demand, and DVR recordings.
- An expanding selection of tailored-for-TV apps, including social networking, traffic, weather, voice-mail, Pandora and a sports app to track multiple games at once and check the latest scores, and more.
- A new send to TV feature that allows customers to send web content, including videos and photos from TV-optimized sites, directly to the X1 set top box and view it on the big screen.
- The ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house and simultaneously record up to four shows while watching another.
- An enhanced remote control that offers greater responsiveness and does not require a line-of-sight connection to the set-top-box
For more information: comcast.com/x1.