|
|
Sussex Countian
  • Delmar fire caused by electrical malfunction

  • A house fire that occurred around 2:50 p.m. on Aug. 5 on N. Second Street in Delmar was caused by an electrical malfunction, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A house fire that occurred around 2:50 p.m. on Aug. 5 on N. Second Street in Delmar was caused by an electrical malfunction, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.
    Officials said the Delmar Fire Company responded to the scene, assisted by the Laurel and Gumboro fire companies. Upon arrival, responders encountered heavy smoke.
    Officials said the home, not equipped with working smoke detectors, was occupied at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported. Damages have been estimated at $75,000.
    The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire originated on the second floor.

        calendar