On Monday, The Voice's final three acts will battle it out to determine the Season 4 champion (or champions, in one case). But one contestant has already been crowned in our hearts. So forget Team Blake's Danielle Bradbury and The ...
On Monday, The Voice's final three acts will battle it out to determine the Season 4 champion (or champions, in one case). But one contestant has already been crowned in our hearts. So forget Team Blake's Danielle Bradbury and The Swon Brothers. Season 4 is all about Team Usher's Michelle Chamuel, and here's why:
Cher to perform on The Voice finale
1. She has the sweetest dance moves. What should look uncomfortably awkward somehow comes off effortlessly cool on Michelle. This woman even makes squatting sexy.
2. She'll never let fame go to her head. Michelle has a quiet charisma about her. She's openly shy, super-quirky and encompasses everything The Voice is about. Even if she becomes as famous as Lady Gaga, we can't see anything shaking her humility.
3. She's gay and Jewish, but doesn't let that define her. Michelle hasn't preached her sexuality or background on The Voice, but she hasn't ignored them either. Instead, Michelle just does Michelle. "I don't think of myself as 'a lesbian musician' or a 'Jewish artist.' It's not one and alone. I think of myself as a musician," Michelle told AfterEllen in 2010.
Plus, it's about time America has its first openly gay singing competition winner - and Michelle would be perfect to pave the way!
Britney vs. Shakira: The ultimate face-off, in GIFs
4. Even Taylor Swift was impressed with her cover of "I Knew You Were Trouble." After surprising Michelle at rehearsal, Swift had nothing but praise for her performance. "Oh, my God, that was so emotional. All the runs you picked are just amazing," Swift gushed. It's no surprise that "I Knew You Were Trouble" was Michelle's only song to reach the iTunes Top 10 chart.
5. She's supportive of her fellow contestants. When Amber Carrington and Sasha Allen were eliminated last week, Michelle sent her condolences on Twitter. These don't feel like crocodile tears either. Michelle seems genuinely grateful for her good fortune in the competition and would have still been proud to see her friends continue on, even if she hadn't.
6. She can make you cry. Her rendition of "True Colors" can melt the coldest of hearts.
7. And give you goosebumps. Even the biggest Bruno Mars haters had to give it up for her cover of "Grenade."
PHOTOS: Christina Aguilera's biggest Voice fashion flops
8. She's mesmerizing to watch. When Michelle is on stage, she becomes so engrossed in the performance that it's impossible to focus on anything but her. "You take the competition right out of this for us," Adam Levine said after her performance of "Just Give Me a Reason." "We're all just beaming with pride over how much success you've had."
9. She'll do whatever it takes to win - even if it's a bit strange. To prevent fatigue, Usher suggested that she jump-rope before singing. Michelle stepped it up a notch, doing 20 pushups with her coach right before returning to her run-through.
10. Because Usher said so. After Michelle's performance of "Time After Time" - which she sweetly dedicated to Usher - the coach declared: "You're the winner." And we hope he's not wrong!
Who do you think should win The Voice?
The Voice finale airs Monday and Tuesday at 8/7c on NBC.
View original The Voice: 10 Reasons Why Michelle Chamuel Should Win at TVGuide.com
Other Links From TVGuide.com Blake SheltonUsherAdam LevineTaylor SwiftLady GaGaBruno MarsThe Voice TV Guide iPhone App TV Listings New Tonight on TV