January will offer several opportunities for hunters still looking to harvest a deer or add more venison to their freezers, as the 2017-18 hunting season winds down.

Deer hunting seasons opening in January include handgun deer, Jan. 6-13; shotgun deer, Jan. 13-20, including Jan. 14; and muzzleloader deer, Jan. 22-27.

Deer archery and crossbow seasons will remain open until Jan. 31.

Hunters planning on participating in the 2018 Snow Goose Conservation Order are reminded to register for a free Snow Goose Conservation Order number at egov.delaware.gov/htr — beginning Jan. 1, as the Snow Goose Conservation Order opens Feb. 12. Hunters participating in the order must register through the HTR website prior to hunting and report their hunting activities after they have finished pursuing snow geese for the season. Hunters who do not have access to the internet may call 735-3600 and will need their hunting license or license exempt number to complete the registration. Snow goose hunters will also need to obtain a Harvest Information Program number if they have not already done so.

New this year, registered motor vehicles used to access designated public lands owned or managed by the Division of Fish & Wildlife are required to display a Delaware Conservation Access Pass. Hunters can opt to receive one free annual vehicle pass with the purchase of any Delaware hunting license. To obtain a free CAP or to purchase an additional pass, hunters will need to have the registration card for the vehicle to which the pass will be assigned.

Delaware hunting licenses and conservation access passes can be purchased at bit.ly/20myTRi; at the license desk in DNREC’s Dover office, 89 Kings Highway; or from hunting license dealers statewide.

To purchase a hunting license, either in person or online, hunters must have a copy of their hunter safety card as proof of completing a basic hunter education safety course. Hunters who took their Delaware hunter safety course in 2008 or later can visit bit.ly/2hhP2Zo to print a new copy of their hunter safety card. Those who took their hunter safety course prior to 2008 should call the Hunter Education Office at 735-3600, ext. 1, to update their records so they can go online to print a new card.

For more, visit eregulations.com/delaware/hunting.