Democrat for New Castle County Recorder of Deeds
Each candidate was asked to respond to three questions.
1. What are the top issues you will address in your campaign and what are your plans for moving those issues forward?
The top challenges facing the Recorder of Deeds office are best explained in the goals and objectives that my senior staff, staff and I have achieved and are looking to accomplish in 2019 and 2019.
1. Implemented computer hardware and server upgrades in March 2018
2 .Implemented on-site access of Judgements and Wills in the Recorder of Deeds (ROD) Library in March 2018.
3. Implement the new version of TrakRecord software upgrades in mid-October 2018.
4. Create and launch a Home Ownership Association Portal providing free online access to all related governing documents in 2019.
5. Implement the deed document type to the ROD E-Recording System.
2. What makes you uniquely qualified for the political office you seek?
Since 2002, I have had the honor and privilege to represent the citizens of New Castle County as their Recorder of Deeds.
My 35 years of experience in the Building Trades of Delaware, United Auto Workers (UAW), General Motors and my 15 years as your Recorder of Deeds have given me the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities to best represent the citizenry.
Such as: Past COPE Chairman of the International Brotherhood of Iron Workers Local 451. Delaware State UAW Community Action Program (CAP) Vice President, UAW Local 435 Trustee Chairman, legislative, Education, and Election Chairman, Editor of the Delaware State CAP and Local 435 newsletters. In 1996, I graduated from Wilmington University with a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources management.
3. What community groups are you involved with and in what capacity?
I currently serve on the board of the State of Delaware Renal Advisory Committee, the Americans of Polish Descent Cultural Society (AMPOL) and the Maplewood Board for Assisted Living. I have previously served on the board of Junior Achievement of Delaware from 2005-2010.
Profession/employment: Elected NCC Recorder of Deeds since 2002
# of years employed: 15 years 10 months
Education: BS Human Resources Management
Political experience: I have been involved in Delaware politics for the past 40 years