Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners odds, picks and prediction
The Detroit Tigers (14-26) stop by T-Mobile Park Monday to start a three-game set with the host Seattle Mariners (21-20) at 10:10 p.m. ET. Let's analyze BetMGM Sportsbook's lines around the Tigers vs. Mariners odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Detroit lost the rubber match with the Chicago Cubs Sunday 5-1 but were riding a four-game winning streak prior to the series and have won six of the last 10 games.
Seattle claimed its previous four-game series with the Cleveland Indians by winning the final three meetings after losing five straight. The Mariners are just 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Season series: 0-0.
RHP Casey Mize is the projected starter for the Tigers. Mize is 2-3 with a 4.19 ERA (38 2/3 IP, 18 ER). 1.27 WHIP, 3.7 BB/9 and 6.3 K/9 over 7 starts.
- Last outing: Win, 4-2, in 6 IP with 2 ER, 3 H, 2 BB and 4 K vs. the Kansas City Royals Wednesday.
- Career vs. the Mariners: No appearances.
LHP Yusei Kikuchi is on the hill for the Mariners. Kikuchi is 1-2 with a 4.30 ERA (44 IP, 21 ER), 1.09 WHIP, 2.7 BB/9 and 9.2 K/9 over 7 starts.
- Last outing: No-decision in 6 1/3 IP with 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB and 11 K in Seattle's 6-4 loss at the Los Angeles Dodgers Tuesday.
- Career vs. the Tigers: 0-0 with a 6.30 ERA (10 IP, 7 ER), 1.70 WHIP and 6.3 K/9 in 2 starts.
- Vs. Tigers on the current roster: 28 at-bats with a .321/.367/.607 slash line, 2/1 K/BB, 1 HR and 4 RBIs.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team's money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you'll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Tigers at Mariners odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Tigers +145 (bet $100 to win $145) | Mariners -175 (bet $175 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Tigers +1.5 (-140) | Mariners -1.5 (+115)
- Over/Under: 7.5 (O: -115 | U: -105)
Mariners 5, Tigers 1
Money line (ML)
PASS with a "lean" toward the Mariners (-175) since they are the right side, but I'd rather parlay Seattle's money line with a similarly priced favorite for a plus-money payout.
Also, Seattle is just 3-4 in Kikuchi's starts this season and Detroit is 4-3 in Mize's starts, which rules out betting the Mariners on the money line.
BET the MARINERS -0.5 (-115) FIRST 5 INNINGS since Seattle's bats came alive against a strong Cleveland pitching staff this weekend and Detroit's lineup is terrible vs. left-handed pitching.
Seattle scored seven runs in back-to-back wins over Cleveland, OF Mitch Haniger is tied atop the MLB with 12 home runs and the Mariners just called up one of the best prospects in baseball in CF Jarred Kelenic.
The Tigers are by far the worst lineup vs. lefties. They rank in the bottom of the majors in wRC+, wOBA, OPS, BB/K rate and have the fourth-lowest hard-hit rate against left-handed pitching.
"LEAN" to the UNDER 7.5 (-105) for a quarter unit if at all because of Detroit's hitting woes vs. lefties and, despite liking what Seattle's lineup could be, it's still bottom 10 in WAR, wRC+ and wOBA for the year.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.